Sofia Khan is not obliged- Book Review

 



Publisher: Twenty7

Publishing Date: 3rd September 2015 
Genre: General Fiction (Adult), Romantic comedy, 
Gifted by the author Many Thanks 



 Synopsis: 

Sofia Khan is single once more, after her sort-of-boyfriend proves just a little too close to his parents. And she'd be happy that way too, if her boss hadn't asked her to write a book about the weird and wonderful world of Muslim dating. Of course, even though she definitely isn't looking for love, to write the book she does need to do a little research . . .

 Rating:**** 

Review 

I was kindly gifted this book a few years back by the author along with a lovely card. I recently re-discovered this book It really is true from other reviews that this is a twist to Bridget Jones. 

In a roundup without giving too much away, the plot of this book is based around Sofia who has recently broken off her engagement to Imran or as Sofia calls him "hole-in-the-wall'. Imran has this tendency to remain too close to her parents. Whilst at work in publishing her boss encourages Sofia to write a book about the muslim dating world. Thus along the way she meets dreamy Conall. 

I adore Sofia's character as she breaks the norm of what is generally written about muslim women and thats what i love. Sofia had a sense of humour that resonated with me and some of her sentences made me snort with laughter. It wasn't all straight forward as  she had to face racism, microagressions at work and colourism in the south- asian community, which i've had similar experiences too. Therefore I felt Sofia spoke to me a-lot more.
Sofia isn't painted to be perfect and has flaws and thats another thing I loved. 

Im so glad I re-read the book and I need to pick up the other books from the author to read. 



Comments

Popular Posts