The Longest Goodbye

 


Author: Mari Hannah 
Publisher: Orion Books 
Publishing Date: 18th January 2024 

Many thanks to the publishing team and Random Things Tours for my physical copy and a spot on the tour



Blurb 

LIES COST LIVES


Three years ago police officer Georgina Ioannau was murdered, her killers never brought to justice

Now the prime suspects have been shot dead within hours of their return to the UK.

Has someone finally taken the law into their own hands?

Seeking out the truth will force Kate Daniels to confront her own past mistakes, and put her

career, and her team's lives, on the line.




My Thoughts

My first read from the author and a really good one. 


At the start we do get lots of information about various characters which may see much but it soon starts to become more relevant. So although we don't get much more information later on, it all starts to connect together and makes more sense. 

Kates character was pivotal and central and it was nice to see changes in her. Although she can come across this hard and stubborn exterior, you can get the sense of emotion from her, especially since the death of Georgina. The conversations between the characters was also well done and easy to read and follow. 

What I really liked was that it is a fast paced story and with lots of twists and turns kept me guessing the plot and subplots along the way without being overly complicated. 


Although I had not read any of the previous book, I think this was perfect as a stand alone, I do not feel I missed too much of the continuing characters or their development. 

But I have recently started to get back into crime/thriller novels so will most certainly look at the authors previous books/ series.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts