Finders Keepers- Blog Tour
They stumbled on a fortune. Now they’re paying the price.
Mel, Liv, and Jennie have been best friends forever. There’s nothing they wouldn’t do for each other. When Mel's mother dies, a hidden key leads the three of them to a storage unit — and a discovery that will change their lives. Over £100,000 in cash. And a body.
They desperately need the money so they agree to keep it and say nothing about the dead man. At first, it seems their plan is working.
Then the messages start. Someone knows what they found and is threatening to reveal their terrible secret unless they hand over all the cash.
But some of it is already gone. And only one of them knows where. Under increasing pressure, the friends start to turn on each other. Their unbreakable bond begins to fray as secrets, lies and suspicions multiply.
When it becomes clear that their lives and families are on the line, the three women are faced with a horrifying choice. One that could save them - or cause them to lose absolutely everything.
Three friends. One terrible secret. And a betrayal they won’t all survive.
The blurb certainly made me want to pick this one up, and I’m so glad I did!
One of the things I really enjoyed was the way the story unfolds through dual timelines and multiple points of view. We get to experience the story through Mel, Jennie and Liv, alongside snippets of diary entries from the 1980s. I thought this worked really well for the story, as it gave us different perspectives and allowed us to slowly piece together what had happened. The diary entries were also a great addition and fitted the overall feel of the blurb and storyline perfectly.
The characters were such a mixed bunch of personalities! Some were definitely more likeable than others, and there were moments where certain characters became increasingly frustrating because of their stubborn, unhinged and, at times, quite childish behaviour. Their impulsive decision-making often led to some very uncomfortable situations, and I definitely found myself questioning some of their choices!
There were a few moments throughout the story that I found somewhat predictable, but surprisingly, I actually enjoyed this aspect. It made me feel like I was becoming a bit of a detective myself, trying to work out what was going to happen next. There’s something quite satisfying about guessing a twist correctly, while still having enough uncertainty to keep you turning the pages to see whether you’re actually right.
I also enjoyed how the story explored friendship, trust and how well people really know each other. As the secrets started to unravel, friendships were put to the test, and it was interesting to see how the different characters reacted when things didn’t go according to plan.
Overall, this was a fun and entertaining thriller with an interesting structure, a colourful cast of characters and plenty of twists and turns along the way. It kept me guessing in parts and definitely had me wanting to find out how everything would come together.
A fun thriller that puts friendship to the ultimate test. I’d definitely recommend giving this one a read! 📚✨



Comments
Post a Comment